I still hold true to the principles of hormonal balance outlined in The Hormone Diet, but I have evolved the plan to specifically target the science of fat loss. I am starting a weekly series to tweak Keto recipes and make them more hormonally balanced and safe for long term fat loss.
If you have a favourite Keto style recipe and would like me to tweak it “Hormone Diet Style” then please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the original: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-tex-mex-casserole
|Orginal Keto Recipe:|
25 oz. ground beef
2 oz. butter
3 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
7 oz. crushed tomatoes
2 oz. pickled jalapeños
7 oz. shredded cheese, for example Monterey Jack
For serving 1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream 1 scallion finely chopped5 oz. leafy greens or iceberg lettuce and 1 cup guacamole (optional)
|Keto Hormone Diet Style|
2 lb organic ground chicken OR Textured Vegetable Protein
2 oz. butter (or can use coconut oil spray)
2 to 5 cloves garlic pressed
1 whole white onion, finely chopped
2 small zucchini, sliced and cubed
1 bag cauliflower rice
1 bag green peas, fresh or frozen (cook before adding)
3 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning – see below (I increased the chilli powder – doubled it – and used all of the mixture because of all the added veggies
7 oz. crushed tomatoes (two cans)
2 oz. pickled jalapeños
7 oz. Manchego Cheese (Sheep Cheese, less inflammatory,
higher in nutrients and less fat)
For serving 1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream – SKIP this if you want to avoid more fat
1 scallion, finely chopped
5 oz. leafy greens or iceberg lettuce
1 cup guacamole (optional) – if you worked out today – you earned this
Hormone Diet Tex Mex Mix: 3 to 4 tbsp chilli powder, 2 tsp paprika
powder, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 pinch ground cinnamon,
1 tbsp sea salt. Add all of this to the mixture!
|Keto Hormone Diet Tweaks|
|Organic chicken, less fat, less inflammatory, and less hormones |
Added more veggies for fiber – essential for women for estrogen
metabolism: peas, cauliflower, zucchini, onions, extra can tomatoes
Switched cheese to less inflammatory, healthier Manchego versus
Cut fat and inflammation by skipping sour cream
Add guacamole – if you earned it by moving more – this is the benefit of
testing ketones – if you get kicked out of ketosis with more fat – then take
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray coconut oil into pan, cook onions, zucchini, until soft. Add the chicken in coconut oil spray on medium high heat, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add peas, cauliflower, Tex-Mex seasoning and crushed tomatoes. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste to see if needs additional salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture in a greased baking dish (about 9″ or 23 cm in diameter). Top with jalapeños and cheese.
- Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Chop the scallion finely and serve the casserole warm on top of a bed of iceberg lettuce (great crunch!), optional: dollop of the crème fraiche or sour cream, guacamole and a green salad (if prefer not to have iceberg lettuce).