If you’re comfortable in the kitchen and often reach for the spice rack then you are on the right track. If the opposite is true, and you steer clear of any meal containing spice, you should still take advantage of curcumin! This is the substance that gives turmeric the bright yellow colour. It is a very popular spice in Indian cuisine. This spice is for everybody as it can dramatically improve your health. It’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers prevent and fight a wide variety of conditions ranging from sleep deprivation to stress, and beyond. It also has a very subtle flavour and therefore can be consumed by even the pickiest of eaters.
Here are just six ways curcumin can benefit you:
- Better sleep – it is known to calm your mind and ensure a full night’s rest.
- Improve overall mood – studies have proven that it benefits people with depression. In general, with consistent use, you can be sure your mood will improve.
- Fights viruses – it’s no wonder that in India, turmeric is revered as a holy powder. It’s believed the spice can insert itself into cell membranes and make them more stable in such a way that increases their resistance to infection.
- Ease pain – If you’re plagued by the pain and stiffness of arthritis and tendinitis you’re going to love this news: preliminary research shows that curcumin can lift the veil on these inflammatory conditions and may just have you retiring your ice packs.
- Benefits Cancer Patients – New evidence from the University of Leicester reveals that curcumin may significantly reduce the painful side effects of bowel cancer in patients undergoing chemotherapy. Other studies show that it suppresses a cell that drives the growth of head and neck cancer and even slows prostate tumour growth. If you have a family history of cancer, adding curcumin to your diet is a must.
- Fight Herpes and HPV – In one study curcumin significantly inhibited the herpes simplex virus by interfering with the replication of the virus in laboratory settings. While dabbing this orange powder on your unsightly cold sore may not do the trick, consistent supplementation can shorten the duration and help prevent an outbreak. Researchers in New Delhi also found curcumin prevented infection and inhibited the growth of the human papilloma virus (HPV), with the potential of preventing cervical cancer.
Add this beautiful spice to foods as often as you can for full benefits. You might, however, also want to add this to your daily supplement regime as we have found that buying a good quality pure curcumin supplement really helps with absorption. The therapeutic effectiveness of curcumin is limited due to its poor absorption from the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination. So, it is essential to have a formulation that increases absorption and bioavailability.
Vitamin Curcumin is professional strength and only made with the purest ingredients. Each capsule combines turmeric rhizome extract (95% curcuminoids) with BioPerine, a patented extract of piperine from black pepper fruit. BioPerine is a clinically validated bio-absorption enhancer. It works by optimizing the body’s natural thermogenic activity, thereby selectively providing a more efficient mode of nutrient transportation into the blood. This means that your body WILL absorb the curcumin and therefore reap all the benefits. I recommend taking one to two capsules twice daily for full benefits. This product is NOT available in health food stores and is the only professional strength source available to you as it is normally only accessible through health care practitioners. Drop into the clinic today to purchase some or order online.
by Dr. Natasha Turner ND