Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids are necessary for human health but the body CAN NOT make them. Omega-6 and -3 fatty acids from plants sources are essential fatty acids (EFA’s) and you have to get them through food intake. More and more we are finding that people are not getting enough omegas through their diet alone. The Omega-6 fatty acid plays a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development. Also known as Linoleic Acid (or LA), it helps stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and maintain the reproductive system.
We have found organic plant-based Pureform Omega to be liquid gold here at Clear Medicine. It contains evening primrose oil, high linoleic sunflower oil, pumpkin seed oil, and extra virgin coconut oil, all excellent sources of essential Omega-6, along with organic flax oil for essential Omega-3. This combination of ingredients helps to obtain what we consider the ideal science-based Omega 3-6 combination! This is vital in getting these nutrients back into your diet the way nature intended. To be honest, there are other plant based omegas on the market but I feel very strongly about this one!
Each capsule of Plant-Based Omega 3’s is cold pressed under a nitrogen blanket. You will see a nitrogen bubble inside each capsule of Plant-Based Omega 3’s. It is injected into each capsule to prevent oxygenation and keep the Plant-Based Omega 3’s oil fresh and at optimum performance levels FACT – Oxygen turns oils rancid. Also – trust me – you will NEVER experience an oil “repeat” after swallowing this product.
Plant-Based Omega 3’s has so many wonderful benefits as shown below, and to learn more I have attached links to studies as well as articles written by Dr. Jeff Matheson one of the founders of Pure Life Science Corp.
- Helps increase energy and cardiovascular health.
- Decreases headaches and migraines, also shown to help with concussion symptoms.
- Reduces arthritic pain often associated with inflammation.
- Improves skin health (heals wounds, helps with acne or other skin conditions). Here is another article on the importance of Omega 6 for skin health.
- Decreases menopausal symptoms.
- Helps memory, improves brain health and prevent brain aging.
- Keep bones healthy and can reduce fractures.
- Helps those with Type 2 Diabetes – a recent study in The Lancet shows the importance of Omega 3 for those with diabetes.
I suggest Plant-Based Omega 3’s (a plant-based omega supplement) for most of my patients because I really feel it is a superior product which helps with the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. This formula is particularly helpful for skin and artery health. I call this product “brain food” because I’ve noticed my memory and recall are much better while I’m taking it. What’s more, Dr. Jeff Matheson, recently contacted me to share news of a case of mild dementia he observed to improve dramatically after just six weeks of taking the Pure Form supplement.
Written by Dr. Natasha Turner ND