Clear Medicine Wellness
Based on Dr. Turner ND’s The Hormone Diet which was recently awarded the 69th on The CBC Top Selling Books of the Decade for Canada’s 150 and The New York Times Bestseller, The Supercharged Hormone Diet, #29 of 36 coveted spots on The US News Best Diets List and has been on the list for several years running now.
Our individualized wellness treatment paradigm is based on Dr. Turner ND’s New York Times Bestselling books. We begin the process of restoring the foundation of your health and hormonal balance using the philosophies of The Hormone Diet and The Supercharged Hormone Diet, and by tackling the five most common hormonal imbalances that disrupt our health and aging:
- Excess insulin
- Excess cortisol
- Excess harmful estrogen
- Chronic inflammation (not a hormone but it impacts all our hormones)
- Low/sluggish thyroid activity (hypothyroidism)
Why these five imbalances?
Although insulin plays an essential role in healthy body function, an excess of it will certainly make you fat, hungry and constantly experiencing cravings. Too much insulin not only encourages your body to store unused glucose as fat, but it also blocks the use of stored fat as an energy source. For these reasons, an abnormally high insulin level makes losing fat, especially around the abdomen, next to impossible. Similarly, an imbalance of cortisol can become extremely destructive to your metabolism, body composition and wellness – it disrupts sleep, suppresses the thyroid and causes belly fat, even if you are otherwise thin. Chronic inflammation has recently become recognized as the root cause of obesity and unhealthy aging, often leading to digestive disorders, allergies, autoimmune disease, arthritis, asthma, eczema, acne, abdominal fat, headaches, depression and sinus disorders. Toxic estrogen either from the environment or internally produced by our body is now recognized as a primary cause of obesity and cancer in both men and women. Lastly, an imbalance of any one of these will impede thyroid hormone activity – the master of your metabolic rate, energy, cholesterol balance, weight loss, digestion, fertility and healthy skin, hair and nails.
In Clear Medicine Wellness, you will address the major causes of hormone imbalance, including:
- Poor digestion and liver function (thyroid hormones activate here)
- Sleep deprivation and stress (both cause high cortisol, which suppresses thyroid)
- Food sensitivities (gluten and other allergens cause thyroid hormone disruption)
- Excess toxic estrogen – a factor for men (any male with belly fat) and women (with PMS, bloating, excess body fat)
- Blood sugar and insulin imbalance
- Nutrient deficiencies (vitamin D3, iodine, etc.)
- Body pH Imbalance (an acidic pH influences how your hormones work)
- The wrong workout (Did you know the wrong workout can suppress your thyroid hormone and increase cortisol for 24 hours after your workout session? This is not the optimal desired effect you are looking for from your exercise efforts!)
Our treatment approach has helped thousands of patients optimize their hormones, improve their body composition and restore total health.
Services and Program Materials Included in Clear Medicine Wellness
- New Patients to Clear Medicine: Our 5-Week Wellness Program includes two Naturopathic Consultations (during which your naturopathic assessment will be completed and you can expect to receive a personalized supplement prescription and testing recommendations that may be deemed as necessary or highly suggested by your ND), three Nutrition Consultations, and Body Composition Analysis via a medical-grade bioimpedance machine. Program support materials included in the Clear Medicine Wellness Program (5- Week Wellness Kit) for New Patients includes:
- For Returning Clear Medicine Patients (Reduced pricing applies): Services include one Naturopathic Consultation and four Nutrition Consultations. Our returning patients typically require a fresh wellness tracker as their only program support material, but you can certainly purchase the full 5-Week Wellness Kit if you wish.
- For Remote Patients (Reduced pricing applies): Services included are four Nutrition Consultations, completed by phone or Facetime. You will receive your 5-Week Wellness Kit by mail and the shipping cost is included in your program.
Program Add-on (Additional fees apply): Dr. Turner ND has partnered with Gamma Dyna Care Laboratories to provide our patients with access to a specialized list of blood tests, selected by her, and only available throughout Ontario to patients of Clear Medicine.
- The Hormone Diet Wellness Panel (Additional fees apply): This panel of tests includes those listed in The Hormone Diet, assesses your hormones and all of the aspects of metabolism including liver function tests, thyroid hormones, inflammatory markers, metabolic syndrome parameters and all the vitamins and minerals essential in your lasting wellness. It is the most comprehensive option for blood tests.
- The Hormone Diet Weight Loss Panel (Additional fees apply): This panel of tests assesses all the factors that impact metabolism including liver function tests, thyroid hormones, inflammatory markers, metabolic syndrome parameters and all the vitamins and minerals involved in fat loss.
Program Add-on (Additional fees apply): We are all about building strength, increasing energy and maintaining bone and muscle mass. While you can prevent muscle loss by following our dietary approach, strength training is the secret to preventing the natural decline in metabolism we experience over time. In fact, our style of training can reduce the risk of metabolic slow-down naturally associated with age by up to 50%! Master The Hormone Diet workout, a highly effective and unique style of training that elicits the perfect hormonal response to build muscle, burn fat and avoids excess cortisol associated with over-training, with one of our Kinesiologists or Strength Training Specialists. We suggest checking your insurance policy for coverage under exercise specialty Kinesiotherapy or welcome you to book a free consult with our strength specialist, to see if they are your best fit.
Please call 416-579-9105 or email email@example.com us for more information on program pricing for new patients, returning patients, or patients who would like to complete the program by remotely by phone or Facetime.
In Clear Medicine Wellness you will master all of the aspects of a hormonally balanced lifestyle, based on Dr. Turner ND’s original release and top-selling book, The Hormone Diet: