Clear Medicine Ketosis and Fat Loss
According to the latest research, about 96 percent of people tend to gain weight back—plus more— with the typical approach of cutting calories/exercising more. Clearly, this does not work and only leads to future weight gain, to say nothing of metabolic damage as thyroid hormones drop and precious metabolically active muscle is lost.
I have learned that the same weight loss tricks that worked at 30 years old, don’t always offer the same results now. So, just recently, I made it my mission to find a fat loss solution – that sticks! I still hold true to the principles of hormonal balance outlined in The Hormone Diet, but I have evolved the plan to specifically target the science of fat loss.
We truly specialize in finding the cause for your weight loss woes. I am a perfect example of this. After years of wondering why I was unable to lose my added pounds all the while working out and following my own dieting techniques I finally uncovered the true reason. Read about my journey here.
My new approach with my patients is based on a philosophy that is simple: when you exercise less, I want to help you to eat less; and when you exercise more, I will guide you on the best food options—when you should eat more. Your dietary habits, how much you move, and how much you exercise are inseparable. I want you to start living each day by asking yourself this question: How much am I going to move today? Your answer to this question will determine your diet habits for the day – including what you eat when you eat it and how much. You should let go of the mentality of adopting an “eat less, move more” approach as it sets us up for failure. The answer is simple – yet so commonly overlooked – when you move more, you should eat more. When you move less – you should eat less. The days you are sitting at your desk or not exercising, are the days we need to take in less so that our body uses the reserves stored in our body as fuel instead.
How can we eat less?
- Most common – skip the sugar and all starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.
- Eat one less meal on the days you do not strength train, so three meals instead of four.
- Stop eating by 6 – 7 PM at the latest!
- Drop the most calorie dense food from at least one or two meals – and that is fats! So, when you are moving less, skip the egg yolks, cheese, nuts, avocado – as your body doesn’t need added energy. You will, however, still consume your required protein and two cups of vegetables at each meal. Remember – it is all about getting your body to a ketogenic state – i.e. Fat burning state and we can do this by moving more, eating fewer carbs and sugar, and eating fewer calories overall – but it should never be done by failing to eat the minimum protein we all need to maintain muscle mass (formula is based on your body weight and activity level).
- Add a day or two per week of intermittent fasting (only if you have mastered your protein intake on the other days of the week). Read more about intermittent fasting here.
In addition, the key to sticking with this new lifestyle is monitoring your energy, hunger, and cravings so we can adapt your plan to suit your results and how you feel.
Our crucial focus is also on optimizing metabolism via supporting:
- The liver (our primary metabolic organ)
- The thyroid (our major metabolic gland that produces thyroid hormones which regulate metabolism)
- The muscles (our major metabolic tissue).
Our weight loss program is truly SAFE FAT LOSS, it preserves metabolically active muscle, optimizes hydration and causes loss of stored body fat only.
Clear Medicine Ketosis and Fat-loss Program has been structured and designed to avoid any of the pitfalls of typical diets. We will hold you accountable and teach you the principles behind how the diet actually works – two essential keys to your success in the long term. Ultimately, you’ll master making the best choices for your metabolism – no matter where you are.
5-Week Clear Medicine Weight Loss Program Includes:
- Week 1: Initial appointment with a Board-Certified Naturopathic Doctor that includes:
- Complete case history and case assessment
- Physical exam (body composition testing by medical grade bio-impedance machine)
- Personalized dietary prescription for hormonally balanced detox diet and wellness program from a dietary, supplement and testing perspective
- You will also receive a requisition at the conclusion of this appointment for extensive blood and urine testing. This is mandatory for all weight loss patients as it will uncover all of the hidden reasons that cause difficulty losing weight and allows a totally personalized weight loss program with us. The testing includes assessments of all thyroid markers, vitamins, minerals, blood sugar and insulin, inflammation, liver and kidney function as well as a test to identify harmful bacterial imbalance in the gut.
- Week 2: Meeting with Holistic Nutritionist to implement the weight loss diet determined by your ND
- Week 3: Follow-up with your ND to assess current status, address questions and ensure progress week-over-week. Blood work review.
- Week 4: Meeting with Holistic Nutritionist update progress, diet diary review, suggestions for hunger, cravings, continued weight loss, and you will also learn the essentials of The Hormone Diet grocery shopping and label reading in this session.
- Week 5: Extensive follow with your ND including:
- Case re-evaluation and follow-up
- Explanation of the Hormone Boost Diet for continued fat loss
- Repeat of initial physical exam markers (body composition testing by medical grade bio-impedance machine)
- Recommendations for progress on-going (typically we recommend follow-up once a season, or every three months).
Please call, text or email for total cost of the program. Most of this can be reimbursed under Naturpathic Doctor fees is you have extended health benefits. Please check with your provider.
Program Package Contents: KetoStix, wellness tracker, diet handouts, and The Carb Sensitivity Program Hardcover book.
Additional costs (not included in the program):
- All supplements and meal replacements (prescribed on an individual basis and costs will vary)
- Cost associated with any tests that were found abnormal on the first test that would need to be re-tested to ensure they have been rectified
We offer the only structured weight loss program that specializes in solving weight loss resistance. Is implemented and overseen by licensed Naturopathic Doctors, which is also based on bestselling books and a Dr. Natasha Turner ND. Our weight loss program focuses on safe weight loss, which means losing only fat, rather than metabolically active muscle and water. This is ensured by using medical grade Bio-impedance Testing, at the beginning and the end of the five-week program.
Clear Medicine’s weight loss program offers metabolically and hormonally balanced approach to ketosis. It is an individualized program that is tailored to your specific dietary needs, dictated by your current hormonal, immune and inflammatory state. We include extensive blood testing and urine testing for all metabolic, mineral, vitamin, glucose and insulin, thyroid, stress and other factors that impact your ability to burn fat, feel energized and gain strength. Also, included is urine testing, which identifies bacterial imbalance in the gut, a major cause of weight loss resistance, bloating, abdominal distress and irregular bowel action. The only program that is reimbursable under insurance under Naturopathic Medicine (check your plan).
Please call us 416-579-9105 text 647-515-9105 or email us for more information on program pricing for new patients, returning patients, or patients who would like to complete the program by phone. You can also book online here.