Clear Medicine Weight Loss
An introduction from Dr. Natasha Turner ND to The Hormone Diet Approach to Ketosis and Fat Loss…
According to the latest research, about 96 percent of people tend to gain weight back—plus more— with the typical approach of cutting calories/exercising more. Clearly, this does not work and only leads to future weight gain, to say nothing of metabolic damage as thyroid hormones drop and precious metabolically active muscle is lost.
At 46, I have learned that the same weight loss tricks that worked at 30 years old, don’t always offer the same results now. So, just recently, I made it my mission to find a fat loss solution – that sticks! I still hold true to the principles of hormonal balance outlined in The Hormone Diet, but I have evolved the plan to specifically target the science of fat loss. My new approach with my patients is based on a philosophy that is simple: when you exercise less, I want to help you to eat less; and when you exercise more, I will guide you on the best food options—when you should eat more. Your dietary habits, how much you move, and how much you exercise are inseparable. I want you to start living each day by asking yourself this question: How much am I going to move today?
Your answer to this question will determine your diet habits for the day – including what you eat when you eat it and how much. You should let go of the mentality of adopting an “eat less, move more” approach as it sets us up for failure. The answer is simple – yet so commonly overlooked – when you move more, you should eat more. When you move less – you should eat less. The days you are sitting at your desk or not exercising, are the days we need to take in less so that our body uses the reserves stored in our body as fuel instead.
How can we eat less?
- Most common – skip the sugar and all starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.
- Eat one less meal on the days you do not strength train, so three meals instead of four.
- Stop eating by 6 – 7 PM at the latest!
- Drop the most calorie dense food from at least one or two meals – and that is fats! So, when you are moving less, skip the egg yolks, cheese, nuts, avocado – as your body doesn’t need added energy. You will, however, still consume your required protein and two cups of vegetables at each meal. Remember – it is all about getting your body to a ketogenic state – i.e. Fat burning state and we can do this by moving more, eating fewer carbs and sugar, and eating fewer calories overall – but it should never be done by failing to eat the minimum protein we all need to maintain muscle mass (formula is based on your body weight and activity level).
- Add a day or two per week of intermittent fasting (only if you have mastered your protein intake on the other days of the week).
In addition, the key to sticking with this new lifestyle is monitoring your energy, hunger, and cravings so we can adapt your plan to suit your results and how you feel.
Our crucial focus is also on optimizing metabolism via supporting:
- The liver (our primary metabolic organ)
- The thyroid (our major metabolic gland that produces thyroid hormones which regulate metabolism)
- The muscles (our major metabolic tissue).
Our weight loss program is truly SAFE FAT LOSS, it preserves metabolically active muscle, optimizes hydration and causes loss of stored body fat only.
Clear Medicine Weight Loss Program has been structured and designed to avoid any of the pitfalls of typical diets. We will hold you accountable and teach you the principles behind how the diet actually works – two essential keys to your success in the long term. Ultimately, you’ll master making the best choices for your metabolism – no matter where you are.
Services Included in Clear Medicine Weight Loss:
- New Patients to Clear Medicine have two Naturopathic Consultations:
- The first session (60 min) will provide personalized naturopathic assessment, supplement and testing recommendations.
- The second session (30 min) will provide body composition analysis and your personal goals will be identified. Goals will be set for your number of pounds to be lost, your appropriate muscle mass for your frame (i.e. if we will determine if you are muscle deficient) and your perfect waist size. The program philosophy, dietary rules and permitted foods will also be explained.
- Returning Patients (Special pricing applies): Service includes one 45 – 60 min Naturopathic Consultation. Your health history will be reassessed and your body transformation goals set. Following your assessment the Clear Medicine Weight Loss Nutrition Plan and Supplement Prescription will be explained.
- For Remote Patients (Special pricing applies): Your services include four nutrition consultations by phone or by Facetime.
Program Add-on (Additional fees apply):
- Weekly Coaching with Dr. Turner ND: Following enrollment as a New Patient or Returning Patient in Clear Medicine Weight Loss, we recommend coaching with Dr. Turner once a week and have found that most patients master it’s philosophy after just four weeks of coaching. As the researcher, experimenter and ultimate creator of the specifics of the program, she is the best to guide you. During these calls she will review your diet diary, ketone measurements and make suggestions to address common concerns that may arise with dietary changes such as hunger, cravings or energy fluctuations. Ultimately, these weekly check-ins ensure that you will adopt and integrate the guidelines of Clear Medicine Weight Loss into your lifestyle.
- Clear Medicine Weight Loss Kit for New Patients, Returning Patients, and Remote Patients:
- Patient instructions and permitted food handouts, menu plans, etc.
- Wellness Tracker (please use this to track your meals as a guide to help our practitioners to guide you better)
- Ketone Strips to assess your fat burning metabolism
- Two required supplements for the nutrition plan that will accelerate fat loss and control appetite and cravings.
- Signed copy of Dr. Turner ND’s book The Carb Sensitivity Program
- For Remote Patients: Your Weight Loss Kit will be sent by mail and shipping is included in the cost of your program.
Program Add-on (Additional fees apply): Dr. Turner ND has partnered with Gamma Dyna Care Laboratories to provide our patients with access to a specialized list of blood tests, selected by her, and only available throughout Ontario to patients of Clear Medicine.
- The Hormone Diet Wellness Panel (Additional fees apply): This panel of tests includes those listed in The Hormone Diet, assesses your hormones and all of the aspects of metabolism including liver function tests, thyroid hormones, inflammatory markers, metabolic syndrome parameters and all the vitamins and minerals essential in your lasting wellness. It is the most comprehensive option for blood tests.
- The Hormone Diet Weight Loss Panel (Additional fees apply): This panel of tests assesses all the the factors that impact metabolism including liver function tests, thyroid hormones, inflammatory markers, metabolic syndrome parameters and all the vitamins and minerals involved in fat loss.
We are all about building strength, increasing energy and maintaining bone and muscle mass. While you can prevent muscle loss by following our dietary approach, strength training is the secret to preventing the natural decline in metabolism we experience over time. In fact, our style of training can reduce the risk metabolic slow-down naturally associated with age by up to 50%! Master The Hormone Diet workout, a highly effective and unique style of training that illicits the perfect hormonal response to build muscle, burn fat and avoids excess cortisol associated with over-training, with one of our Kinesiologists or Strength Training Specialists. We suggest checking your insurance policy for coverage under exercise specialty Kinesiotherapy or welcome you book a free consult with our strength specialist, Mitch, to see if he’s your best fit..
Please call us 416-579-9105 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on program pricing for new patients, returning patients, or patients who would like to complete the program by phone.