What is your philosophy behind patient treatment and care?
Our thorough approach to patient care is based on a treatment paradigm that has been created by Dr. Turner ND. It is based on her philosophy and integrated patient care which allows for optimal health, hormonal balance and body composition. Our approach provides the foundation of a proactive, preventative and wellness-based lifestyle.
How do I become a patient at Clear Medicine and experience The Hormone Diet approach?
Simply call 416 579 9105 or email email@example.com to make an initial consultation.
You may choose to begin your patient experience in one of three ways:
- By consulting with one of our Naturopathic Doctors
- By booking a Fitness Consultation with one of our Personal Trainers. You can train with us one of our two personal training studios or our personal trainers are happy to complete your fitness assessment, which will then provide you with an exercise program that can be completed on your own (at home or in a gym).
- By making an appointment with a Nutritionist (may be completed in person or on the phone)
What happens on my first visit at Clear Medicine with my ND?
The ND will take your complete health history You will receive a summary of how the doctor thinks your case should be approached and how your care should progress You will receive recommendations for your initial stages of treatment, which could include specific detox guidelines or dietary recommendations, recipes, meal plans, shopping lists, and prescriptions/supplements to address your concerns.
What happens on the second ND visit?
The second visit focuses on diagnostics. Your physical exam, and in office testing, such as body composition analysis via bioimpedance testing, stress testing, urine testing, pH, and so on are completed. Based on the initial exam, and physical findings you may also receive further testing recommendations if the doctor feels it is necessary (for instance, blood tests, stool analysis, saliva hormone analysis, heavy metal testing, etc.) c. During this visit, you and the doctor will set your health and/or body composition goals.
Follow-up on program recommendations from first visit will be completed and the doctor will coach you on the next stage of treatment.
What are the benefits of becoming a patient at Clear Medicine and experiencing the Clear Medicine Lifestyle System versus seeing one of your ND’s on a visit-by-visit basis?
- You gain the integrated approach and thought processes of four health care providers – an ND, Holistic Nutritionist and personal trainer;
- You receive a registration package complete with the tools to effectively manage your health: Health reference binder filled with information and instructions to guide you during the process; Daily wellness journal and patient workbook.
- You gain the opportunity to master The Hormone Diet exercise prescription- something we believe is essential to lasting health and hormonal balance. If you live too far away to visit us weekly, the personal training component can be excluded from your program but we will still provide you with a workout program to complete on your own.
How much time between appointments?
Usually there is 1-2 weeks between your first and second visit. The second to the third visit is 1-3 weeks, and the fourth visit may be 1-3 weeks after that. (This of course varies depending on your particular case and needs).
What types of conditions does Clear Medicine Wellness Boutique specialize in?
Our special area of interest is hormonal concerns, weight loss and preventative health, which covers these types of health concerns:
- Thyroid concerns – hypoactive or hyperactive ii. Sleep issues – insomnia iii. Preventative medicine iv. Exercise prescriptions v. optimization of daily performance and overall wellness
- Hair loss in men and women
- Fertility concerns – men and women
- Women’s health – PMS, menstrual problems, PCOS, uterine fibroids, etc.
- Men’s health – prostate concerns
- Low sex drive
- Bone density concerns
- Weight loss
- Weight gain or need to gain muscle/strength – we really work to optimize body composition by ensuring you have the perfect amount of muscle and fat for your frame.
- Mood disorders – anxiety, depression
- Fatigue/ low energy
- Diabetes or healthy blood sugar balance
- Heart disease – treatment and prevention
- Poor immunity – freq colds/flu’s
- Digestive disorders – irritable bowel, crohn’s or colitis
- Heartburn, indigestion, etc .
- Chronic yeast infections
- Autoimmune disease – rheumatoid arthritis, etc .
Although we do see patients recovering after cancer treatment, we normally do not see active cancer therapy patients (but we are more than happy to provide you with the appropriate referral).
What kind of testing do you do?
The naturopathic doctors at clear medicine use various diagnostic tests:
- Blood testing In office urine testing for adrenal stress, free radical stress, bowel toxicity and infections
- Stool testing for parasites, yeast overgrowth, inflammation
- Hormone analysis – blood, saliva and 24 hour
- Urine analysis
- Heavy metal testing
- Estrogen imbalance testing (to detect estrogen dominance)
- Intercellular vitamin and mineral analysis from Spectracell labs
- IgG food allergy testing
- pH testing
- Body composition testing – to assess body fat, muscle mass, hydration and cellular health
Are my tests included in the visit cost?
No, all testing we do in-clinic or in outside laboratories have additional charges, which can range from $10.00 – $500.00+ depending on the type of test.
Blood tests are not necessary before you visit the clinic.
Are supplements included in the visit costs?
No, supplements are not included.
What are the types of recommendations that you provide?
Nutrition recommendations – what to eat, when to eat, which foods to enjoy, which to avoid, meal plans calculated specifically for you based on how many calories or grams of protein, carbohydrate and fat you should consume daily .
Your treatment plan may also include suggestions for: nutriceuticals, supplements, herbs, bioidentical (natural) hormone replacement which are prescribed by our BHRT specialist Dr. John Girgis ND, acupuncture treatments, vitamin B12 injections, lifestyle suggestions – stress management techniques, sleep recommendations, exercise prescriptions and personal training, testing recommendations to manage your wellness,
We also offer osteopathic medicine, nutrition counseling, acupuncture and personal training.
Do you prescribe bio-identical hormones?
Yes, at Clear Medicine our naturopathic doctor in this area is Dr. John Girgis ND. He is trained in bio-identical hormone replacement (he has attended lectures on this topic by some of the finest preventive medicine doctors in North America – including those in Suzanne Somers most recent book – Breakthrough) and he is licensed to prescribe this form of treatment.
Dr. Turner ND has written many books on hormonal health – The Hormone Diet, The Supercharged Hormone Diet, The Carb Sensitivity Program, and most recently The Hormone Boost which can be ordered here.
Are ND’s able to request blood work?
For patients under the care of one of our naturopathic doctors, your ND can order blood work, but tests are not covered under OHIP and have an additional fee. Simply for convenience and to expedite the testing process, our ND’s are happy to order blood tests, which you can complete at any gamma dynacare lab location; otherwise your ND will happily provide a list of the recommended blood tests so that you may request them by your family doctor.
Please submit all other patient or clinical inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.