Question: Can you suggest a natural alternative to statins in order to lower cholesterol?
There are several natural products to reduce cholesterol safely and effectively. You may want to research some of these:
1. Niacin 500mg three times a day. You may want to purchase a non-flushing niacin supplement. Begin with a lower dose with a lower dose and then increase.
2. Red Yeast Extract or Policosanols. I refer to these as natural statins. The standard dose is 10 mg twice per day.
3. Fish oil supplements have fabulous cholesterol reducing effects.
4. Your diet should be carbohydrate conscious and contain moderate amounts of healthy fats with little to no bad fats. See The Hormone Diet, Step 2, for the perfect dietary recommendations and meal plan for you, or the 4 week meal plan in the Supercharged Hormone Diet.
5. Exercise reduces cholesterol and raises good cholesterol. Every workout counts and it’s never too late to start.
6. It is actually a very good idea to take Co Q-10 supplements whenever taking statin medications because they do cause its depletion. Co Q-10 is an antioxidant that is involved in cardiovascular health, cellular energy and healthy skin.