Zippy Three-Bean Salad
1/3 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 ounces low-fat cheddar or Colby cheese
Few slices red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon dried cilantro
Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
Pinch of ground cumin
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy. Variation: For a bean dip, purée all the ingredients and enjoy with raw vegetables such as sliced bell peppers and carrot and celery sticks.
Calories 395 | Carbs 45.2 g | Protein 26 g | Fat 12 g | Fibre 9.5 g
This website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please note that refunds on services, products and programs are subject to a 10% transaction fee. Online purchases are subject to a 20% restocking and transactional fee.
QUIZ: Are You In Hormonal Balance?
- Do you have stubborn belly fat?
- Cravings for sweet or salty foods?
- Fatigue or sleepiness after meals?
- Brain fog or poor concentration?
- Water retention or puffiness?
- Increased appetite or an obsession with food
- Bloating, gas or digestive issues?
- High blood pressure or cholesterol levels?
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep?
- Depression or anxiety?
- PMS or monthly mood swings?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, your hormones might be affecting your ability to lose weight, curb cravings and beat belly fat!